Preparing for your glamour portraits
Most people can feel a bit nervous when going to a professional portrait studio, times that by 10 when deciding to do glamour portraits, or boudoir shoot in your underwear.
So I’ve put together some quick tips to make your glamour shoot the best possible experience.
1) Treat yourself to some beautiful new lingerie. You may never do anything like this again, so really make an event out of it. Treating yourself to some pretty lingerie will improve your photos and more importantly will also boost your confidence and make you look your very best. As an aside it’s a great idea to take a friend with you when you choose your lingerie, another opinion will help you choose the right fit for your body shape, making you look stunning for your shoot.
2) If might seem obvious, but try not to get sunburnt the day before a shoot, patches of sunburn against parts of white skin are really difficult to blend and make look nice in photo-shop.
3) Also don’t apply fake tanner, this can look unnatural in the photos and hard to edit. It’s much easier for your photographer to control the final image with even natural tones. If you are a bit whiter than you would like, tell your photographer, he may be able to warm the picture slightly.
4) Apply skin lotion. By keeping your skin super moisturised, you will create a natural looking glow that will enhance your look.
5) Consider wearing false eyelashes. They may look a little over the top in real life, but in your pictures they can make a big difference, accentuating your eyes and giving them a gorgeous almond shape. Highly recommended.
6) If you’re worried about your tummy, remember that a good photographer ( I think your’re on the right website ☺ ) will pose you to your best advantage, but it’s a good idea to watch those certain foods and drinks that may cause bloating. But above all remember confidence is sexy at any size!
7) Get a manicure and pedicure, it’s easy to forget about your nails, but they appear more often than you would think in your photos and chipped nail polish is not a good look. It’s a good plan to choose a neutral nail colour so your face remains the main focal point.
8) You need to feel relaxed, but try to push yourself a little outside of your comfort zone during the shoot. The shoot is under your control; our aim is to make your photos tasteful and classy, but also creating something that you (and your partner) will love.
9) This is a once-in-a-lifetime experience, so enjoy it. Don’t be nervous. You will look AWESOME. Your insecurities will disappear once you get in front of the camera. This is your time to feel sexy so you need to relax and have fun!
10) You can make the most of it by giving a beautifully presented picture to your partner. But do this for yourself. No matter who is getting the photographs, the experience is all for you. Have fun and work it!
Hopefully you have a better idea of how to prepare yourself for your glamour portraits or boudoir photo shoot, if not then contact Lynnette at Studio9 and we’ll help you with all your questions.
Boudoir and glamour portraits from Studio 9, Wellington, New Zealand.